W W Greener Martini Action 12g Shotgun

ph5172

I have just purchased a W W Greener Martini Action 12g Shotgun, i wiould like to find out a rough date of maufacture and possibly the grade and mark.

Greener want £25 for the pleasure of checking the serial number against their records, but i wondered if anyone had a copy of the book -The Greener Story- they could check in for me?

many thanks

Graham

Many thanks for the help i will try and work it out!!

cheers mate

simon

I have just purchased a W W Greener Martini Action 12g Shotgun, i wiould like to find out a rough date of maufacture and possibly the grade and mark.

Greener want £25 for the pleasure of checking the serial number against their records, but i wondered if anyone had a copy of the book -The Greener Story- they could check in for me?

many thanks

Thanks Graham

Using the BNP Crown proofmark i have dated it Birmingham 1954 or later (it also helps to somewhat confirm that it is an original Greener) and using the link yoy gave me i have pinned it down to late 1950's early 60's (the date letter is visible but as it is on the barrel slightly deformed)

Does anyone know what MK this would make it probably MK3 me thinks?

Many thanks for all your help

Simon

many thanks

• 1 month later...
Thanks Graham

Using the BNP Crown proofmark i have dated it Birmingham 1954 or later (it also helps to somewhat confirm that it is an original Greener) and using the link yoy gave me i have pinned it down to late 1950's early 60's (the date letter is visible but as it is on the barrel slightly deformed)

Does anyone know what MK this would make it probably MK3 me thinks?

Many thanks for all your help

Simon

many thanks

Drop me an email, I am the W W Greener gunroom and might be able to help