Shooting abroad - taking a shotgun

jimmmy

Hello,

Im trying to find information about clay shooting abroad.

Im primarily interested in somewhere warm and from what ive read Portugal seem the most friendly to taking your own gun. Spain apparently the worst from what ive read!

Does anyone know of any organised trips or companies who organise it all for you? Ive seen old information about things that used to happen in the past but nothing current.

Does anyone know where you would find the rules and regs of taking your own shotgun? Google isnt really helping much.

Thanks!

Ask for a European firearms pass. There's no problem or cost. Talk to the department or feo if you can get anyone to answer your call or leave a MSG.

The other year when we were out in Crete I went and had a round of clays at a club there. No probs buying carts and they soon found a gun for me to use. no charge. I'll see if I can find a link to the post about it.

Remove the forend. I also used a long cycle cable lock and secure the gun box to something immovable in the hotel room such as a radiator, handle on bath or in one instance around the WC pan and under the cistern. I also take a photo of how it's secured on my phone.

If the worst does happen photographic evidence exists that you've taken reasonable precautions to safeguard it when you have to report the theft to your licensing authority.