Got myself a Bobcat

louisvanhovell

This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Zetter and buying his .25 FX Bobcat. He drove down to Devon to deliver the gun :good:

Zetter has actually already written a good review of the gun, https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/337391-fx-bobcat-25-fac-review/

Now it's miiiine! Just a bit of info: it produces 48 FP of energy (or 18 FP, with the turn of a wheel near the mag - useful for close range shooting). 60 shots per 470cc 220 bar fill, 11 shot magazine, very accurate, pretty flat trajectory, 1 mildot holdover at 50 meters when sighted in at 30 meters. Not really necessary to hold over or under between 10 and 40 meters. Wow this thing is different. It isn't very friendly looking... Quite frightening actually. But I don't think the guys in Sweden did that intentionally; it's simply a very functional bullpup design. Good quality synthetic stock, comfy vertical pistol grip, lovely balance, length 940mm which is not too long (a bit shorter than my Superten), 3.8kg + scope (MTC Viper 3-12x44; approx. 700g). Quite bulky, but steady to shoot. Whisper quiet. Doesn't need an expensive huggett shroud/moderator in my opinion. Good trigger. Well, even after only 60 shots this evening, I'm a fan. I'm very impressed. It's just such a good tool (will use it for hunting and target practice). It overrules my Superten and Ultra (not to speak of my Spitfire and FN12). But, those guns have great character, history and design. I won't sell them. Anyway, I thought I'd better share this with whoever is interested. Cheers Louis :)

post-60018-0-45818100-1494800748_thumb.png