Anybody done a cheek rising kit off ebay?

Strimmer

Hi

Anybody fitted a metal sliding cheek rising kit of eBay? Just wondering how good they look afterwards as I'm wondering if I should or not.

Second part is, one of the many guns I'm refinishing is a remington express xp and has a plastic stock. Has anybody cut into one of these as I'd like to know if it's hollow, honey combed or solid. I'd be finishing the rough edges with resin then sanded

Cheers

Matt

Hi. Are you on about the butt pad ??

Or the drill hole in the the stock type check riser .

Not sure about if there soild but if you take but pad off you may be able to get an idea . Or separate the action from the stock and have a look .

Only passed experience iv had is remove the horrid looking silencer thing.

Thanks

Hi

Yea I was thinking a cheek riser cut and rising bolt style as I don't like the slip on ones as I've had those before on my rim fires. I was going to mess about with the butt pad later as I'm having a real go a tweaking with this airgun as I've always had a springer in the collection but I got this so cheap it's good to learn the internals. Plus tbh now the barrel is bedded in its about as accurate as any bsa I've ever had (and I've had a few)!

Highly recommend a tbt kit.

Got to ask tho, I know the silencer looks like a right piece of -you know what- and feels it, but I've been sat safely down range and it kind of works. Everybody says to take them off? Personally I will leave it on for now unless anybody can convince me otherwise?

Thanks for the replys btw

Matt

Plastic stock would be hollow. You can get around this to fit one of the metal comb raiser kits. Stick a tube down the stock to leave a passage for the stock bolt. Fill the rest with expanding foam. Then cut out the comb piece. Once out, cut back some foam to implant a piece of wood. Then fit the comb kit. messy, but fairly easily done.