Web Hosting - Advice sought from Gurus

Tam

The guy that hosted our Wildfowling Club website is retiring & giving up his servers - this has been left up to me to take over & set up a new account. I don't beleive we get many enquiries from the web site but would like to keep it going. The previous host has recomended Business Pro but it seems a lot for the return £156 per year :| (I don't know how much space our site takes up) https://www.heartinternet.uk/web-hosting This is the current host as an alternate account on his server therefore been technially free up till now

Hi - it really depends on what you want from a website, that then leads to methods of providing that service and then the hosting costs.

It might be much cheaper to move to a social media platform (bearing in mind their paranoia with all things shooting) as there is next to no cost but you can promote posts (and so recruit) in ways which you can't easily with websites. I would suggest a closed group setting.

For work my website(s) cost me the reg fee, plus normal hosting at about £85 a year ex vat then around £12 a month for Wordpress hosting, then monthly together with minimum service charge fees for card services. However I steer 'footfall' to the sites using social media.