Scope Spec

sandersj89

i think a 30mm tube leupold 4-12 power and as far as objective lense goes 50mm is nice but not the rule , the only brand in scopes is leupold/zeiss/burris/nikon as a minimum i found out a good scope makes the differance i have all leupolds now and if any of them sh-t the bed i send them to the factory and get a new one life time warranty :good:

i think a 30mm tube leupold 4-12 power and as far as objective lense goes 50mm is nice but not the rule , the only brand in scopes is leupold/zeiss/burris/nikon as a minimum i found out a good scope makes the differance i have all leupolds now and if any of them sh-t the bed i send them to the factory and get a new one life time warranty :good:

Good luck to you mate but I really don't think much of Leupold at all. MTC anyday in preference.

Good luck to you mate but I really don't think much of Leupold at all. MTC anyday in preference.

I am curiouse i have never herd bad about Leupold what happend? i guess everyone has there brand but leuopold has been great for me there is a leupold warranty center 2 hours from my house perhaps we just have better service for leupold products here in Canada customer service makes the difference

What would your ideal spec for a scope be for a .17HMR?

What objective, mag range and tube size?

Simple question but no right answer I suspect.

Not too worried about make at this stage, just the spec for performance.

Thanks

Jerry

I have a Weaver rimfire 2.5-7 power with a 1 inch tube and 32 millimeter objective. Perfect for the rifle. Light weight and 7 power is plenty of magnification for the distances at which the 17 can be reliably implemented for hunting. I can shoot one-hole groups with it at 50 yds and 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

I am curiouse i have never herd bad about Leupold what happend? i guess everyone has there brand but leuopold has been great for me there is a leupold warranty center 2 hours from my house perhaps we just have better service for leupold products here in Canada customer service makes the difference

I tried a vari x III on my .243 and found it very critical on eye relief. Didn't stay on for long and got sold nearly as quick. I s'pose it would have been okay for target shooting but not for critters :good:

I have no problem at all about the standard to which Leupold's are made and the guarantee etc (excellent) but I just am not impressed by the glass quality. Of all the so-called "top scopes" which include Nightforce, S&B, Swarovski I think Leupold is way below them in quality of image and about equivalent to Hawke. I can only go by the Leupold's I've looked through (three items now) and all of them have been the same. Not one has been anywhere near the image standard of my old Jap Tasco TR6, or my Jap Zeiler or the new MTC scopes. What I am saying is sacrilege to some but that is what my experience so far amounts to. Maybe there are good Leupold's but I haven't come across one yet. And yes, I have looked through a couple of the top ones in the range.

No doubt leoupold make excellent scopes but in comparision i think some of they're lower end scopes are over priced compared to similar quaility scopes from other manufactuers.

i must agree to a point leupold has that name and so thats what you pay for, the warranty is good and i havent had any problems with my 3 leupolds, and so not to change the topic to much i have been looking at Nikon jap scopes latley and they seem very reasonable for the money i havent herd anything bad about them so i think i am goint to buy one for my Tikka 7mm rem mag 4-12 power i will let you guys know how it works out after i take it after elk and deer this fall good post fellas its good to here other opinions :good: