going for my f.a.c need of advice

edfire

hi this is my first post.and i wanted to know if anyone could help.

im going for my f.a.c the only thing that seems like it might be a problem is that a few years back i suffered from depression im totally cured or as they say healthy now and have been for many years.i have no crimminal record and intend to shoot targets i am also a member of a club and did my probationary a few months back.the thing that worries me is that if i get turned down for an f.a.c will i still be able to shoot at the club with club guns?

I expect so...unless they're really mean!! :sick: :( :lol:

Depending on how long ago your depression was it may not even come up. :yes: If you do come up against difficulties another option is to specify that you only want the rifle for targets (to be used at your club - which is what it sounds like you want) and say that the gun will be kept at the club (if those facilities are available). I know many of club shooters who do this...it basically means that your rifle is only going to be used when your at the club around others who can 'keep an eye on you' so to speak! Means that you can buy your own rifle still and hopefully satisfy the FLO. :D

All the best, let us know how it goes. :D

Congrats on your first post too! :good:

thanks i hope it isnt a problem either,as you mentioned im going to keep it in the club as they have lockers there,and i live in rented accomodation.and dont have a car either as im a poor student.thanks for the feedback,im a little less concerned now ..ed :good:

Your welcome, it's what we're all here for :good:

I know it sounds a little silly but just in case you were thinking about going for a semi-auto rifle it may look better, and be easier to obtain, to go for a bolt action. For your first rifle at least. :sick:

i was thinking pretty much the same,alot of the guys at my club use ruger 10/22's and they were on at me to get one,which i think is quite a nice gun but not really as accurate as a bolt gun,and ive always liked bolt guns anyway.although i did speedplates at the pheonix meeting and really enjoyed it.trouble is getting there as ive no transport apart from a pushbike!

someone at the club is selling a bsa martini for 30 quid which im quite keen on too,do you think its more trouble to ask for 2 slots on my first application?i was thinking of a 17hmr bolt gun are they any good for target work?

im impressed at your knowledge of Simo Häyhä.as i am half finnish,i have heard of him

and recently used a moisin nagant of the same type as Häyhä's at bisley.it had a fearsome recoil i could only fire around 20 rounds it was so painfull,my shoulder hurt for a couple of days after it made the 308's feel mild by comparison

thanks...ed

You can always ask, and then discuss it with your FLO at your meeting with him. It's what I did recently regarding another 'second preference' type variation...didn't get the second one, but if you don't ask you don't get! The only thing is that they do like you to have a good reason to have two or more rifles of the same calibre...which is what I came up against. :oops:

BSA Martini for £30 is good...if you get on with that action. :good:

Yep bit of a fan of Simo, but hard to get an awful lot info about him these days. Sounds like you had fun shooting the moisin nagant though...lucky beggar! Re the painful recoil...maybe that's why Simo was so good...otherwise it simply hurt too much! :lol:

im sure that may have been a reason!,i used it open sights(simo style) at 200 yds and was surprised at how accurate it was.thanks for the info ill have to have a chat with the flo and see the outcome,although i'd be more than happy with one gun for the time being,just hope ill get my ticket ..ed

i spoke to them on the phone,he said it shouldnt really be an issue as it was a while back,and if i was to keep them at the club they couldnt see any problem with that either,cheers for the advice you were right.he seemed really helpfull and friendly.im gona send off my ticket now.ed

I went through the same thing, sat it out and all is well. As long as you tick the box relating to medical conditions on your application then you should not have any trouble, It will take a little longer as they will confirm the details with your doctor, all he has to do is tick his box and you should get it. thats what happend with GMP.

IF YOU DONT YOU CAN STILL USE CLUB GUNS ON CLUB RANGES ONLY