Realesed foxes

While out shooting on boxing day i shot a fox, as it ran by before i shot it, its face looked deformed. but on closer inspection i found that it had stiches in its cheek and had been sprayed with that antibiotic spray, this one had clearly been released.

also a friend of mine recently went lamping and saw a van parked by the side of a field in a layby and when he went back to that spot to lamp the field next to the layby he saw 12 foxes in it and shot 8 before they cleared off.

Just how many foxes are being released? :(

Hi .223,i've posted in the past about this,it seems to be quite a problem in certin areas,we have seen foxes that dont look right wandering round allover the place.Its the cuddely bunny brigade,programmes like animal hospital seem to promote this kind of thing and make it more popular.Who would have thought that a man such as Rolf Harris who at one time had no regard for animal welfare and was infact very cruel (i seem to remember him tying a kangroo down "sport",well i wouldnt call that a sport)and also if i remember rightly he caused a sensation with two little boys,this man is not fit to be around animals,he should stick to painting iffy pictures.I bet Tony Hart wouldnt be such a soft touch,i mean he used to keep Morf in a little wooden box :(  :(  :(

A blue van has been seen around the M4 M5 M40 area. One night was seen droping off about 24 foxes. However the foxes seemed not to be too bothered about the guy with a centerfire that polished off 18 of them after the van drove off.

It would seem that the foxes had been semi tamed or at least used to humans. I have heard this type of story several times and judging fom a suden rise in foxes on our farm about 3 months ago I guess we got a van load :D

Perhaps they were urban foxes that had been caught and released,or injured ones that were nursed back to health.I wonder who dumps them out in the country?what i mean is if you found a manky fox and took it to the vet does he give it back to you or do they take responsability of relesing the little dears?

It's a very common problem around here. The people who dump town foxes in the countryside are very ignorant. Needless to say these "fish out of water" soon get polished up.

It's a shame that foxes have taken to urban living. I wonder why they have. Maybe the countryside is shrinking and there is not enough space for the expanding population.

I read an article in a newspaper a few days ago stating that the pest control company responsible for dealing with urban foxes in London had "dealt" with 15,000 in the last year but were worried that they could not keep up with the estimated 90,000 population. It further stated that there were some streets in London with seven resident families of foxes. It raises a supportive argument for foxhunting, for sure.

It's not just foxes that are on the increase in urban areas but rats too.  In the late 1980s, some city council refuse collection services stopped emptying dustbins, but instead made people fill plastic sacks instead to put out for collection.  As a result, and also due to the increase in take-away shops, the rat population soared as well as the fox population.

Only recently have the councils started addressing the problem and issued wheelie-bins.

The easiest way to reduce vermin is to remove the supply of food.

Some friends of mine had problems with cats too.  Cats were being let out nearby and they were killing their poultry.  As soon as they eradicated them, more seemed to appear.  Fortunately it stopped after a few months.

There has been some released on the land i shoot,i was out one night lamping.After rabbits with .22 a fox appeared from now where at 30yds.just sat there looking at me,had 2 more since good practice with new gun (.243)Do the people who release know anything about nature.These animals dont know how to hunt