A Joke

lurcherboy

A businessman is getting on a flight when he hears from the other passengers that the Pope is going to be on the flight. "WOW, great!" he thinks. "What a good place to be today."

He boards, but doesn't see the Pope, so he figures that maybe the other passengers were wrong. He takes his seat and is thankful that there's an empty seat next to him.

Just before the doors close, the Pope enters the plane and sits next to him. "I am surely blessed," the man thinks. "Here I am, a good Catholic on a flight with the holy father sitting next to me."

The plane takes off and after a few minutes the passengers remove their seat belts. The man looks sideways and sees the Pope reaching into his bag to take out a crossword book.

"Marvelous," he thinks, "not only am I blessed with the Pope sitting next to me, but he does crosswords and so do I. Maybe he will ask for help." He notices that the Pope is working his way through the puzzle, and that the Pope is tapping his pencil, thinking.

Later, the Pope turns to him and says, "I usually don't talk to others on flights, but I wonder if you can help me?"

"Anything, your eminence. What is it?"

"Do you know a four letter word for 'woman' that ends in u-n-t?"

The man feels uncomfortable. He thinks and thinks. Finally, he says, "The only word I can think of is 'Aunt'."

The Pope turns to him and asks, "Do you have an eraser?"

LB

Could I point the fact that the man was not a good Catholic...........

"Your Eminence" is the address for a Cardinal, "Your Holiness" is the correct address for the Pope.

(I got my wrist slapped for saying the wrong thing when I had an audience, see I really am a reformed character :unsure: )