squirrels and mink in Wales

Mice!

I've got my trap in my garden, this way I can check it twice a day, I've had four blackbirds in the last two weeks that have needed releasing.

Think around Formby public can phone saying they've got greys coming into there gardens then fisheruk turns up with a cage trap.

6 minutes ago, buze said:

I had a look at that, however, you need constant access to the traps to get into the scheme, so there's tons of land that you just can't use really. I've got a nice patch of woodland that'd be perfect, but all I could do it perhaps once a week, no more!

Did you speak to anyone buze? Wondering if there just looking for people to place traps or shoot in the buffer zones?

Must say I'm surprised by the few comments on this, according to the article in 2009 a conservation plan for red squirrels was approved by the Welsh government and identified the areas of the tywi forest in mid wales as one of three sites for urgent action.

This tells me no cloak and dagger they must be doing something in plain sight?

They are looking for volunteers in mid wales in the Ceredigion area especially.

the group as well as BASC is Mid Wales Red Squirrel Partnership which are aiming to protect and expand the red squirrels there.

it doesn't just say trapping there is talk of a buffer zone, I only know what I've read in the article.

Thought folk would have jumped on this??