StormKloth

Markio

Just saw a jacket and bottoms today of this StormKloth material. They were a reasonable price and it looks possible to get them at a better price on the popular auction site might BUT only if they do what they say, i.e. are they effective against wind, rain etc.

Any members with experience?

bought myself a set about a month ago i put a post on here with a pic, i havent used the kit yet but have obviously tried it on i was wearing only shorts and tshirt, could only wear it for about 5 mins to hot, it will be good for the winter though for warmth,. to me it seems of a good quality. pm me the price you maybe paying and ill tell you in reply how much i can get it, also tell me what your getting ie jacket bottoms bavaclava gloves etc regards.

Ah found your previous post, that is a bargain! I can't get all that for that price. Surely that was an exceptional price? Anyway, it's good to hear you views on it. The waterproof qualities are very important to me so that will be the real test.

Just saw a jacket and bottoms today of this StormKloth material. They were a reasonable price and it looks possible to get them at a better price on the popular auction site might BUT only if they do what they say, i.e. are they effective against wind, rain etc.

I recently got a trousers and jacket in realtree hardwoods made of Stormkloth. They're very hot for this time of year even if you use them late in the day, not sure yet about early. For winter they'll be great, I got caught out in several showers and stayed dry. But, yes there's always a but, sweating does happen. The beads of moisture collect on the inside of the jacket and trousers. So they do stop the wind and rain (heavy showers anyway). I like mine but I think I'll be getting a lighter set of camo also for the warmer months of the year.

i wouldnt say noisy wouldnt say totally silent its quitish, hmmm like shell track bottoms rubbing thats when i rub the material pretty hard against itself, also mine aint worn in so may quiten when softer, i think if your going to be in wait for your quarry then without much movement you aint going to ake any noise, hope this helps lol.

i wouldnt say noisy wouldnt say totally silent its quitish, hmmm like shell track bottoms rubbing thats when i rub the material pretty hard against itself, also mine aint worn in so may quiten when softer, i think if your going to be in wait for your quarry then without much movement you aint going to ake any noise, hope this helps lol.

That's pretty accurate for the Stormkloth gear I got. On a quietish night you'll make noise. However, I got it for those godawful foul blowing a gale nights :good: (For the water/windproof qualities not night time cammo :good: )

Right then, i've taken delivery of my jacket.

I like it, it's the mossy oak design. The hood isn't as practical i thought it would be as it doesn't seem to tie into anywhere around the chin so i imagine with a bit of wind that would be pulled off your head too often. I have a gore-tex bush hat anyway so no problem.

The quality is great, lots of pockets and namely two flap closing ones for shells.

I was thinking the fleece inner would be slightly thicker but if it is a good wind and rain repeller then i guess my body warmth will be held in nicely. I have a slightly bigger size than required so there's room for a few extra layers or maybe just an extra coat for the really cold days.

I paid £30.45 delivered to my door. Also I will add it took less that 48 hours from auction end to delivery (auction ending 1pm Sunday).

If anyone wants some pics then let me know and i'll post them up.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wearing a pair of Stormcloth trousers in Advantage timber today. They're very warm, can't say they make my legs sweat though. I only wear the trousers and a realtree shirt, even in 2-3 degrees as long as i'm moving. I've never got a wet *** when sitting on wet ground and rain seems to just bead and run off. Not sure if this will last once they've been washed but i rarely wash my cammo and when i do it's by hand. They have a nice fleece like finish to the inside though and are fairly quiet, just a little bit of noise when climbing steep grades. The pockets are huge and nothing moves or rattles in them. I bought mine on Ebay for around £30-35 if i remember rightly and they are definatly worth the money.

As for Norway i'd say they'll hold up in just below freezing as long as your moving, and they are windproof. It just depends on what stlye of hunting you'll be doing and of course how cold it is! :(

We've been having humid weather here and they're a bit warm for me this time of year. However, I don't think Norway at that time of year will have a problem with humidity :(

I've sat on wet grass in mine for ages watching a sheep carcass, was totally dry getting up. Rain doesn't get in either. Mine would be a bit noisy for foxing unless there was a decent breeze.

I see them getting a lot of use in winter, just a bit warm for them at the moment for me.

It's about 7-8 degrees here at the moment so i was very glad i brought them with me. They (along with the rest of my gear) took up nearly half of my weight allowance for the flight here.

I've yet to try them in the rain, it was drizzling today and no problems.

:(

Hoping it won't be too cold but'll be packing for the worst :good: Not really hunting but will have my rod with me....

Just need a pair of trousers to keep the mozzies/rain/wind/cold off while in the woods. Hating over trousers as much as i do (tried everything from £10 - £250) these would seem to fit the bill. If they are heavy i've a plan to save weight in the luggage, no shorts just thongs if it's warm :( :good:

• 3 months later...

Thought i'd post back on here to say how good these trousers are, they performed superbly in Norway, unfortunatly i did not beat the snow, it arrived the day i did :lol: , but thanks inpart to these trousers i stayed warm and comfortable for the whole trip. -5 or so during the day dropping down to -15 when the sun went down.

Kicking through the foot deep powder snow for days on end chopping wood and a 2day 30 mile hike they dried over night (just damp around the ankles too boot height by the end of the day) and made getting out of my hammock that bit more bearable each morning :P

The high back worked well with my rucsack and stopped any drafts although maybe some sort of soft lining on the waist band may have been nice. Although the pockets were mostly filled to bursting point at most times thay never got in the way. Even at these temps i only ever wore lowe alpine dryflo shorts underneath!

For winter in this country i think the'll rock if your not too active but this will depend on the person i suppose?

A top piece of kit for sure :)

Thought i'd post back on here to say how good these trousers are, they performed superbly in Norway, unfortunatly i did not beat the snow, it arrived the day i did :lol: , but thanks inpart to these trousers i stayed warm and comfortable for the whole trip. -5 or so during the day dropping down to -15 when the sun went down.

Kicking through the foot deep powder snow for days on end chopping wood and a 2day 30 mile hike they dried over night (just damp around the ankles too boot height by the end of the day) and made getting out of my hammock that bit more bearable each morning :P

The high back worked well with my rucsack and stopped any drafts although maybe some sort of soft lining on the waist band may have been nice. Although the pockets were mostly filled to bursting point at most times thay never got in the way. Even at these temps i only ever wore lowe alpine dryflo shorts underneath!

For winter in this country i think the'll rock if your not too active but this will depend on the person i suppose?

A top piece of kit for sure :)

Thanks for the update Janet st plodder,

I found that i needed to reinforce the button stitching recently. They started to become a little loose! :)

I have a jacket, trousers, barraclava and gloves all in Stormkloth, I have been out in the rain all day with it on when fishing and stayed bone dry, I went shooting recently to try them out on a nice day, I wore tracksuit bottoms underneath the trousers and I had a sweatshirt on, I was sweating. On a cold day or night, Stormkloth would be perfect but on a hot close day, leave them on the hangers, as they are too warm :good:

• 1 year later...

hi i bought this and used it for a days rough shooting , it poured down all day this suit kept me very warm and dry

I got the storm kloth set from sportsmanguncenter - originally they sent me the heavyweight set which was too big for me but may have been waterproof. After a few phone calls they sent me the lightweight set in my size. As a critique I would say the outfit is good in that the camo pattern is excellent (realtree) the fabric is quiet and the build quality is good. HOWEVER I went out pigeon shoting the other week and was caught in a downpour for several hours. The suit completely let me down and at one point I was ringing water out of it (the rain passed straight through on to the set of clothes I had on underneath). Admitedly it was a very wet day but the suit offered little protection against the rain. Also the pockets on mine are open type and whilst jump crossing a drainage ditch I managed to lose about 4 cartridges form the jacket pockets (NOT GOOD).

To be honest I wouldnt buy this product again.... there are other suits on the market which I have yet to try but I think the old addage 'you gets what you pays for' is paramount here.