T8 moderators

A BOLT

Hi iam new to the forums and would like to say hello to every one . I ve just got my self a browning .223 and was thinking of getting at8 reflex sound moderator.If anyones got one are thay any good as all my local gun shops say thay are and is it wise to look for a gun smith my self or just let a gun shop send my rifle away to be fitted .

They are reported to be good, but difficult to clean. My local shop will get and fit one for people who insist. but normaly recomend a conventional can and baffels type. (this is what I use)

The reflex will shorten the overal gun length, but I dont find the extra length of the can a problem.

most shops use good smiths, and it can somtimes work out cheaper.

yes, a friend has just sent his .222 away to be threaded, he looked into it a lot and the general opinyon in the trade seemed to be, reflex good but they will rust (as one well known riflesmith said "treat them as disposable and get a new one every couple of years) the other 2 overbarrel mods are wildcat and pes of those the pes was the most highly recomended and that is what he is getting