cammo

taff915

Having made my own ghillie suit all I can say that 1lb of burlap (hessian) is not a lot at all. If it is £15/lb then that is one expensive ghillie suit.

Get a webtex ghillie suit "base" and glue (with a glue gun) all the hessian cloth onto it and add "natural" greenery as you need it. If you need any pointers then let me know.

I have worn these silly suits a lot, DO NOT BOTHER!!!!!

Get a Real Tree or something similar purpose made " Suit " Or a 6' X 6' net and tie on bits of what ever you want, then put that up either in front of you or behind you. Or over you, much easier than a heavy suit, trust me.

Or get some very worn army netting, thats not bad for making hides, to cover your head and shoulders I use a Swiss vale,,,, 1m X 1m they are just the job, itsn a very heavy grade of green close knit mesh.

Ta Ta

You could just try some fieldcraft.

Even the best camo in the world won't help you if you make noise, sudden movements, give off a shampoo smell........

I am not having a pop mate but I can get within 15 metres in the right conditions.

Now if only I could shoot straight :good:

LB

Ghillie suits are just another tool. You don't need them all the time, just in the right enviroment.

I too can stalk to within a small distance but have you tried shooting crows in a reasonably open field with nets and hides and the such when using an air rifle?

I have had good results with the ghillie suit when nothing else worked.

My experience is with an air rifle and not a shotgun so perhaps that may have something to do with it.

Dont bother buying burlap strands....

Get yourself down to your local garden centre and ask them for any left over hessian sacks.....3 sacks was enough for my suit with mixed other "cammo" coloured fabrics.

Get some colouron dyes and job done,,,,,rip the sacks apart. Seperate the strands and job done.

ive got the realtree , and the hardwoods green theyre ok for forest work, but the best has to be British army camo, theyres more green and is more natural for it, i use the other gizmo flage for forest floor work where its not so easy to see.the best has to be,canadian cadpat, great dissapearing pattern