Setters anyone??

BlacknTan

I know from my British heritage (born in Wales but my grandfather was half English) that sporting types in the UK love they're Labs. I also used to subscribe ot "Sporting Gun" and "Shooting Times???". I fondly remember as a young boy in the early 1950's attending Sheep Dog trials that I found fascinating even then. The countryside was wild and beautiful, and the work of the dogs impeccable!

When I came to the US as a boy, the family had the pre-requisite Welsh Corgis (Pembroke, Thank You!), mostly to ease the homesickness my Mother felt being so far from home..

Now that I'm all grown up, I keep and work Gordon (Scottish) Setters, and have done so for the last 30 years +.. You can guess I'k getting to be an old codger!

So, I'm wondering, does anyone on this forum own or work with the various Setter breeds? Do you know of anyone who does?

I know you'r shooting is a bit different than ours in the US, but, I'm interested in any and all replies...

Sorry to hear about Clinton ntf.. Just lost my older guy to liver cancer in January.. Still hurts, We get pretty attached..

Here's my latest "go to" dog, Holly..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid2...d7/e8d0c741.jpg

:good:

We do love labs as they are the ultimate all round dog but I love my Cocker Spaniel even more :good:

LB