sea fishing tomorrow

currieboy

beach, or boat ?

I have a lot of success from either (over rocks), using a 5-6ft trace with a jelly worm on the end and a sliding boom to take just enough weight to get it to the bottom.

I fix the weight to the sliding boom by using a bent paper clip, that way if the weight get stuck, you only lose the weight.

A slow steady retrieve and then WHAM !!!!!, can't beat it.

You can also catch bass, garfish and mackerel with this method.

my advice is,spinning rod and some spinners,red gills,or sandeel.

or rag worm offered under a float (vary depth till you get bites)

or rag worm cast out and reeled in slowish to attract bites.pollack like to see thier food move.

i like head hooking a frozen sandeel,wipped on with elastic cotton ,and spin with it. :good:

im really bad at all this when u say a trace those that mean a different strain of line attahced 2 end of normal line and to hook/bait/lure?? also i have frozen sandeals for bait i plan to use them below a sliding float, what is the best way to hook/present? (please be ver descriptive (im a fool)) do i need to use elastic? thanks

fished the port patrick area quite a bit. forget the name of the place but park in a caravan site and walk round the top of some cliffs had some big pollack from up there. also the beach next to the golf club in portpatrick you get bass from that beach, when the see is running well.

also around the dunsky castle area good fishing.

float fishing tactics work well and spinning with small white red gills is must to try.....

john