Brownings?

Scotty1980

I am expecting my FAC to land on the doorstep any day, so I have started looking around.

I have a budget of about £1500 

At first I was thinking about getting a Tikka T3 super varmint .308 (£1255) but that doesn't leave me much money for scope, Rings, gunslip etc.

So to free up a extra few quid, I have been looking at the Browning x bolt stainless Stalker Fluted .308 (£850)

Iv also been looking at the Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 scope (£575)

Any thoughts?

Look at good second hand. I bought my sako 85 in 22250 with wildcat mod scope and optilock rings and ammo with a 200 shot count for 1150. The rifle was only a year old when the previous owner died. Got a 1600quid rifle for half price. Bargain. 

There are bargains out there to be had. 

Browning x bolts are good rifles should last you years have shot one in 223 my mate loves hes My advice would be buy the best scope you can afford I Take it the 308 for deer ? Think having a good piece of glass more important than expensive rifle Waiting on my CZ 222 Coming through will be looking to put Schmit and Bender or Swarovski on it good luck in what you purchase ?