nobel 82 buffered bismuth load

I recently tested cheddite 3"  cases  with cx2000 primers and  27 grains Nobel 82 ,lbc 48 wad slit 4 ways and 46g lead shot.crimped.Paterned well.  Now i have loaded up the smaller cheddite 70mm deep brass case with 27 grains again   ,same wad but shortened by 3mm or so to hold 40g of buffered bismuth#3 shot.Lovely job not tested as yet though.Opinions on buffering Nobel 82 loads? I used approx 18 grains of 1g of buffer in each 40g shell.Using same 27grain charge to push that bismuth out a few feet quicker.Opinions???

48408906_2119390471616810_6526938048838500352_n.jpg

I was told its new bismuth but-----who knows .safe than sorry etc.I fancied using the 82 as i was given a few lbs by an old shooting buddy of my pops  that done the eden with us when i was a boy--the powders probably as old !!!

Edited by bishop

Its more to stop small shot (bismuth) from deforming in the barrel  .Just in case it is the older bismuth.I have loads of the bloody stuff.Some from Mark Robson thats   in shop bought eley vip rounds and another pile i bought from a fella on here  Its the loose stuff im loading so i dunno if its high quality grade or not

Edited by bishop