winchester 23 pigeon grade s/s

tomjampea

Hi all first post so bear with me i have recently bought a winchester 23 pigeon grade s/s 12 bore it would be much appreciated if anyone could give more info on the gun as i am planning to sell it to hopefully upgrade to a o/u thanks in advance tom :blush: i have load the only picture i could find of a winchester thanks again

Nice looking gun.I remember a review of a Winchester sbs in ? November 06 in one of the big shooting magazines.Tha gyst of the review was that it had a very raised rib for a sbs and was described as being a bit of a hybrid between a field and sporting gun.Anyone else recall?

The raised rib gives a sight picture similar to an O/U. If you swapped it for an O/U you would not be upgrading but changing as an O/U is simply different to a SBS not necessarily better. Value as in all thing SH depends on condition so if you can't post a picture and accuate description it is hard to put a value on it. I have shot a friends and personally thought it was a great gun and something a little different..

Nice looking gun.I remember a review of a Winchester sbs in ? November 06 in one of the big shooting magazines.Tha gyst of the review was that it had a very raised rib for a sbs and was described as being a bit of a hybrid between a field and sporting gun.Anyone else recall?

I remember the article, although cant remember which mag it was in?

I think they just said something along the lines of having similiar charachteristics and handling to an ou.

If it is the raised rib type, you are probably looking at £600. It has no pistol grip, which makes me think it might be one of the later ones. They had no pistol grip, no raised rib and were not as saleable. Looks in decent nick, especially cased.