Ive got permission!!! :P

tom_0787

I spent 4 hours knocking on farm doors yesterday to no avail. I kept hearing the same story "someone who works here enjoys pigeon shooting" I got one maybe. I had given up and was friving home when i saw a field with no less than a mixture of 400 pigeons and crows! I went to the farm but there was no one in. ******!!! I went back today and the farmers wife answered the door and pointed me in his direction. I shook his hand and introduced myself. This time i dropped the "hi my name is tom, im a keen vermin shooter and i want to offer you my free services as a pest controller..." I just asked if they were his fields and said that i would love to clear them for him. He said as long as i leave the ducks, deer and hares alone i can shoot whenever i want shotgun and air rifle as long as i ring him first!!! Im picking up my SGC on monday so im going tomorrow with the air rifle to have a look at the boundaries and bag some woodys!

So dont give up looking for permission!!! Stick at it and something will turn up!

I spent 4 hours knocking on farm doors yesterday to no avail. I kept hearing the same story "someone who works here enjoys pigeon shooting" I got one maybe. I had given up and was friving home when i saw a field with no less than a mixture of 400 pigeons and crows! I went to the farm but there was no one in. ******!!! I went back today and the farmers wife answered the door and pointed me in his direction. I shook his hand and introduced myself. This time i dropped the "hi my name is tom, im a keen vermin shooter and i want to offer you my free services as a pest controller..." I just asked if they were his fields and said that i would love to clear them for him. He said as long as i leave the ducks, deer and hares alone i can shoot whenever i want shotgun and air rifle as long as i ring him first!!! Im picking up my SGC on monday so im going tomorrow with the air rifle to have a look at the boundaries and bag some woodys!

So dont give up looking for permission!!! Stick at it and something will turn up!

well done mate its a great feeling :lol:

safe and happy shooting :lol:

Nice one pal.

Rather than start another post, I'd just like to say that last night, another door, another farmer - new permission over approx 120 acres.

One field filled with rabbits. Big smile on my face as you'd never believe ..

Visions of Watership Down meets The Somme come to mind ... but whats that out the corner of my eye :lol:!!!!

BLOODY ******... and the ******* had been breeding more than the rabbits.. Dogs ( Daggs ) , Kids.. Oh Un-Holy Christ !!

Everywhere !! There is not one single safe line of shot !! Plus on meeting another local landowner I'm told that they are very active at night and would not advise having anything to do with them year round

Still smiling thought but unlikely I'll make the most of this shoot unless they move on.

Well worth persisting on door knocking, business cards, and some gen-up on the pests ( big small or just plain ***** )

Be good