flying pigeon decoy

turner

I have a couple so I can use my rotor and not have to wait to shoot the first two.

**** law says you'll miss the first two if you need them for the rotor. I sometimes put the first bird on the rotor by itself, does anyone else.

It seems to obvious thing to do. I find I have to lower the speed to prevent wobble especially in wet ground!!

The luxury is that no one in your family objects to doing that.

Out of curiousity why did you buy yours? since as you say yourself you have no problems storing shot birds, and seem keen to say negative things about flying decoys in all your posts about them.

To satisfy your curiosity, I will tell you. :D

I purchased two flock coated decoys with out stretched wings, purposely for my rotary device, as I don,t always have dead, defrosted pigeons available.

I consider them vunerable to the rough and tumble I subject my decoys to, like being carried in a bag.

To protect them, I take my flying pigeon decoys seperate from the other decoys and carry them into the field, one in each hand carefully.

Despite this , they have suffered some deflocking under the wing tips, where they have been "snagged".

Giving them this special treatment is time consuming and a pain.

I think they are heavy on the rotary and are too heavy for my floaters.

Taking into account what they cost (£30-£40 each), I,m not sure they are a good investment.

When I have fresh pigeons I leave them at home.

Will I replace them, when they go to that great decoy heaven ?..............No.

As you can see, I am not being negative for the sake of it, these are my experiences and I comment accordingly. :D