Anyone have a Shot maker in South Yorkshire

Evening all, after a few failed attempts at making my own shot maker for the hushpower I’m just wondering if anyone nearby has one I could possibly rent for a hour or so , iv got the lead but no way of turning it into usable shot, so if anyone has one in the South Yorkshire area i would gladly throw you a few quid to turn my lead into something more than a paperweight. it’s not a lot of lead, probably about 4-5 lbs but I could definitely do with 4lbs of shot, maybe ******* in the wind but thought it may be worth a shot, no pun intended 🙄, all the best.

22 hours ago, Hornet86 said:

Evening all, after a few failed attempts at making my own shot maker for the hushpower I’m just wondering if anyone nearby has one I could possibly rent for a hour or so , iv got the lead but no way of turning it into usable shot, so if anyone has one in the South Yorkshire area i would gladly throw you a few quid to turn my lead into something more than a paperweight. it’s not a lot of lead, probably about 4-5 lbs but I could definitely do with 4lbs of shot, maybe ******* in the wind but thought it may be worth a shot, no pun intended 🙄, all the best.

Not worth the bother, you want to be making 20kg plus to even attempt it. 4lb of shot will only make a couple of boxes of carts and wont even get a shotmaker up to working level for dripping. Just buy some ready made 👍

Edited by sitsinhedges

Yeah good point to be fair, I imagine it takes a fair bit of lead to get warmed up, ready made it is then for now, I have a few kg of no5 i got in a deal a while ago I could use but really after no7 as it’s a .410, thought the extra pellet count would be helpfull. Very impressed upto now with the gun and how quiet it is, only thing that lets it down is the limited choice of subs to run through it 🙄