Up to legal limit

Maori Haz

Right lads, sort of a problem

Got a nice AAS200 atm, but problem is i don't think it's up to the 12 ft lbs mark.

Problem is i don't want any jackass fixin it, i want to keep under the legal limit, but as i live in london i can't find any decent gunsmiths with a chrono and the skills to push it up that bit until its about 11.8 ftlbs.

atm i reckon it's on something like 10 ftlbs or even less.

it made me worry because earlier i shot a squirreel in the head and it didn't die straight away as usual, and in general it's not feeling so powerful :)

Any help would be much appreciated. I live in surrey so i'm tempted to try and take it to Bisley or somewhere .

Haz :)

first off get it chrono,d , beg borrow or steal one :) failing that buy one , there are some really well priced ones out there ( chrombo ) .

also look at your charge , the s200 as quite a power curve ( low at the top and bottom good in middle )

there is a inlet screw adjuster , but theres more to it than that if you want it consistant .

how old is the gun , have you ever had it chrono,d before , what fill pressure is in it , what pellet are you using .

:( have a look on the right hand side just above the trigger for a stamp in the metalwork (2 digits) which indicate the year of manufacture. if it's 07 then there will be no adjustment facility, if it's 06 then there should be a small allen screw just above & forward of the stamp - this will give you a small range of adjustment, if it's earlier than 06 then you should consider buying a chrono (if this is the case, pm me & i'll guide you through the adjustment procedure) :good:

NO MATTER WHAT, do not put your gun at over 12ft/lbs without a FAC. you can get an instant 5 years in jail for possesion of a firearm and is it really worth it? NO, I didn't think so.

I actually recieved a chrono today (£40 posted) and it is excellent. My Ranger is set at 11.4ft/lbs and also If you are going to be adjusting the power, you should not adjust it so it is over 11.5ft/lbs as this is a safe limit. If you are caugt with a rifle that is shooting even as little as .1ftlbs over the legal limit you could still face a jail term.

Hope this helps :)

NO MATTER WHAT, do not put your gun at over 12ft/lbs without a FAC. you can get an instant 5 years in jail for possesion of a firearm and is it really worth it? NO, I didn't think so.

I actually recieved a chrono today (£40 posted) and it is excellent. My Ranger is set at 11.4ft/lbs and also If you are going to be adjusting the power, you should not adjust it so it is over 11.5ft/lbs as this is a safe limit. If you are caugt with a rifle that is shooting even as little as .1ftlbs over the legal limit you could still face a jail term.

Hope this helps :good:

:huh::P all those in agreement, say aye.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE :)