Custom Rifle Continued search

Ballie

I am still taking on board all comments from my other post but in my continued search for a custom rifle I just wanted to know what people are saying about these RPA Interceptor rifles they seem to be a lot cheaper than an out and out custom gun but you can specify your barrel length, twist rate etc. Anyone on here got one and if so what are they like?

Also I have spoken to a very nice guy (well he seemed nice) called Russell Gall from RG Rifles http://www.rgrifles.com/index.html he is soon to be making rifles on his own actions which will be very similar to a Stolle or Bat action, his quote was considerable less than anyone else, yet he was quoting me for the same Mc Millian Stock, Kieger barrel and jewell trigger but with his own RG Rifles action. Anyone heard anything about RG Rifles?

Thank you to All

Hello Russel Gall is a great lad an hour or so from me & build's very good rifle's i plan to use him for my rebarrel job i want on my 22.250.He is now full time rifle making as he has 20 rifle's or so to make & think he can turn thing's round quick.He would be the man for me but im no that far any way but know his work. :blush:

Thanks Fister and v-max

I know what you mean Fister, re the RPA thing, it seems to good to be true, there must be a catch, hopefully someone on here will have some first hand knowledge.

For an out and out custom rifles I got the feeling that Russell of RG rifles really new his stuff and seemed very passionate about his rifle making. I also got the feeling that he seemed more interested in giving advise and ensuring that you have thought of everything than he was in taking your money (which must be a good sign) and as he is now having his own actions made with twisted bolts and with RG Rifles written on them, he must be very keen to promote his business and get the RG name out there as a company to be taken seriously which again can only be a good thing.

Hi ballie

Just a recap to bring me up to speed

Why do you want a custom built rifle :rolleyes: .....................if it's for serious long range target I can understand but for day to day pest or Deer control there are some very good factory versions out there .............Havin said that if I was in a position whereby money was no object then I can't fault you :(