Kavala Greece

highdowns hunter

The Greeks I met last month told me that there were very few birds out there.

There are plenty of birds out there but they all have hairy armpits, moustaches and smell of goats... :rolleyes: :blink:

Seriously, Kavala is a attractive city with a beautiful harbour. There are more gulls than pigeons I am afraid.

Do you work in the oil industry by chance?

FM.

Hello HH

Kavala is best known for its beautiful beaches stretching for miles between places like Drama up to the Paulya area (somthing the Germans realised pretty sharpish and pumped their deusch mark in the region).

Their are plenty of Treioni (collared doves to be had around July to september at least when I was in my teens holidaying/working out there).

The island of Thassos about 30 mins away I think on the ferry from Kavala harbour was full of collared doves plus Turtle doves but i'm not quite sure on the legalities of shooting the latter.

Best advise depending on how fit you are.

Buy yourself a decent Harpoon /waterproof spotlight. and explore the concept of octopus shooting along the rocks near drama and especially Paulya.

Dam hard work and they will Claw back if you don't hit them right.

Yer, what are you doing out there if you are not involved in oil.

In anycase i'm very envious of you.

In response to a previous thread, you should find that alot of the the Greek babes that far north are actually fairly light skinned, also being quite close to the border many Albanians/ ex Yugo's have come across (not all to rob banks do over cars that are still left unlocked and then '**** off' back over the border after a nights work.

Enjoy the sun and the cheap "gyros" (a local version of a doner with all the **** )

with chips for about a quid equivalent.

Thanks for the info Guys,

Yes I am in the oil business, and looking foreward to going there as it will make a nice change from the Sahara Desert :lol::lol:

I Know the Greeks are right into shooting when they come to the UK hence my first post, However if there is not much doing maybe i will need to have a go at the other bird variety to fill in my spare time :lol::lol: Might even do a bit of diving :lol:

Hi HH,

I've been there, great people, if your a shooter your feet are under the table. They're very passonate about their shooting . No need to hide the fact that thats your scene, unlike the U.K. They do go for the turtle dove, collared dove , In fact anything . Thassoss island 30 mins ferry, nice place , visit Skala Potamia . Enjoy , Regards Baikiel Boy :lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...

OK Guys - Been here for nearly 4 weeks now, Nobody mentioned about the motor bikes and cars roaring around the city till 4am

Not seen much wildlife yet apart from lots of snakes and a few collared doves

Apart from that the weather is pleasant and the women are gorgeous The only pity is that they are all about 20 years old (Cant imagine what they have done to the older ones :yp: :lol:

Been in a few gun shops and they mainly sell semi auto's and they seem cheap enough :lol: