wouldnt mind knowing peoples views on the BSA lighting XL tactical

arichmond64

this will my first rifle, iv been looking on the internet for a long time and reading alot of reviews etc. and i found this gun, seems like a good deal for £270, rifle, scope, bag, pellets, laser torch combo.

so far i havent read a bad word about it, just wondering if anyone has one, and could they tell me if they recommend it or not?

Also this is a general question about all air rifles, I know that .22 cause a larger impact because they carry more weight etc. but overall what are the difference in funtions between .177 and .22, ill probably use my gun for target shooting, so from what iv learned i should go for the .177, anyone think otherwise?

the XL is a good buy , just remember .177 cal will give you a bit more recoil , but will fly flatter .

as far as which cal to choose , i prefer .22 and i,ve owned lots of .177 but always found the larger cal to take out the quarry a little cleaner , just my opinion !!!!

ive just bought bsa lightning standard , .22 and it is very accurate and powerful was out last night testing my new nikko gold 3x12x42 scope was getting really good groupings at 25 metres using h and n field pellet so i recommend the lightning only problem with it was its weight a little to light but with heavy big scope it adds more weight

yes .177 is best for target work, as stated above much flatter trajectory, a i77 with a 8 grain pellet at 12 foot pounds is doing the same fps as a 23 foot pound FAC .22 shooting a 14.5 grain pellet .If you intend to shoot field target comps, then you had best stay in the recoiling rifle section to start, cheers. B)

this will my first rifle, iv been looking on the internet for a long time and reading alot of reviews etc. and i found this gun, seems like a good deal for £270, rifle, scope, bag, pellets, laser torch combo.

so far i havent read a bad word about it, just wondering if anyone has one, and could they tell me if they recommend it or not?

Also this is a general question about all air rifles, I know that .22 cause a larger impact because they carry more weight etc. but overall what are the difference in funtions between .177 and .22, ill probably use my gun for target shooting, so from what iv learned i should go for the .177, anyone think otherwise?

I have one on order but due to problems with the silencer coming away from the barrell a lot of them have been sent back to the factory (not sure whether its a full factory recall). At the moment i've been advised by the shop that it might be another couple of weeks before mine is sent out to me as they are still waiting for the new guns to arrive from the factory :lol:

just got my XL tactical .177

seems pretty good, not that im an expert,

im finding it difficult to zero, sometimes it seems like its hitting bang on centre of the cross hair and sometimes it doesnt.

this might be down to what im shootin at tho, paper with bricks behind

does any1 have a scope which is just 4 x 32, because this is what i have, no zoom at all, but it seems ok for me, althought longer distance shooting wont be as good.