SGC questions

What I intend to use this for is as follows clays,phesants,rabbits,pigeons duck and wild fowl

I know there are different types of ammo i.e. steel etc but how many types are there and what are they used for? ( I know that over water has to be none lead)

I also know that it is numbered i.e. no 6 etc, what is each one and again what is it used for?

And the length of the barrel 28" or 30" what difference does it make other than being 2" longer? (I wish)

Also is there anything else I need to work in budget? I don't need a cabinet as I will hold it in the works armoury to start with.

if you have anyother hints / tips or info you think I may need please post away I will be trying alot for fit before I buy

cheers fergie

--------------------

Fergie,

If you are shooting wildfowl in England you must use non toxic shot,( ie not lead) even if you are shooting over plough, or stubble etc. Shooting wildfowl with lead shot is prohibited in England and, I believe, in Wales. However in Scotland lead is prohibited only if shooting over wetlands.

I also know that it is numbered i.e. no 6 etc, what is each one and again what is it used for?

--------------------

Look here clickety click as this shows the sizes, as for what to use for what bird...............

...........My own feeling is Pheasant, Rabbit, Pigeon, No.6`s(28-32gm), as for duck it depends on what type of non-toxic shot you are using, I go up to size 4`s (36gm)for all duck in Tungsten matrix/Bismuth and have been recommended to drop to 6`s in Hevi shot and 3.6mm in steel but I haven`t been able to get either of the latter. Geese I would use 1`s or 3`s in TM/Bis and have no idea for hevi/steel.