shooting High/low

Sundodger

High Guys,

I have just got back into shooting after a long break. I have had a lincoln Premier 20b fitted to me, I now find that I am shooting low and missing the bird. Question, is the stock to high or to low?. The gunsmith cannot fit me in until after christmas. what can i do to correct this in the mean time. ???

Sundodger

find something like a velcro pad that wraps around the stock. you need to build up the comb height to get your wood properly on the gun wood.

by adding material to the comb you automaticaly lift the barrels to target, when looking down the stock you should see a small climb in the rib from chamber to muzzle, if you have a center bead you may want to see a little "snowman" front bead sat on center bead.

when you have reached the deisered height for effective target aqusition and start hitting birds regular, out with the bondo and fix it.

Martin

High Guys,

I have just got back into shooting after a long break. I have had a lincoln Premier 20b fitted to me, I now find that I am shooting low and missing the bird. Question, is the stock to high or to low?. The gunsmith cannot fit me in until after christmas. what can i do to correct this in the mean time. :good:

Sundodger

If you are wanting to do any serious shooting before then, and I know this sounds obvious, but is there not another gunfitter you could travel to in the area? Just a thought.

??? D2D

good point D2D, but im sure he is able to get a pattern plate/paper at the local clay club throw in the tight tubes and find out very quickly where and how much to change the stock, a smart fella will take a couple of rolls of electrical tape, and some packing, lets say cardboard, this to make adjustments where needed.

as before shoot the pattern plate, note the height, add to the comb, shoot again, this should take two to three attempts to fix, very easy, then you go to the smith with the info you have verified yourself.......... or fix with bondo :good:

Martin