Best pellets for Lightning XL??

arichmond64

just wondering what people use?

iv tried the origional ones, the wer jst average, some SMK's, absolute joke! some webley hustler pointed, these were really tight in the barrel, and i mean tight, i dont think ill use them because i actually think it might ruin the barrel and some milbro match flad heads, these have the best accuracy iv had so far, 2 p group at aboput 2 yards.

Forget pointy pellets, aerodynamically they are useless and they tend to over-penetrate which means you are not transferring all the energy into the quarry.

Any pellet made of lead isn't going to damage the barrel, but if it's too tight it will probably deform the pellet and affect accuracy and power anyway.

Anything domed or semi domed you can group well with consistently is the one to choose. Two XL's made the same day might prefer different food so experiment. Have a google for "pellpax", sampler packs of pellets so you can try 20+ types and see which works. When testing don't try and re-zero for the pellet, aim in the same place and see how they group, if you get some good results with one then buy a tin, re-zero and have a play.

If you can group well with it that rifle is going to give you consistent kills to 30yds+ with just about any decent pellet, accuracy is far more important.

i have lightning .22 have tried many many pellets just bought these new tin pellets caled dynamic air bullets sn2 wow really accurate from 10 metres right up to75 metres and i have tried many pellets m8. for close range try using bisley magnum 21 grams great for short range but anything beyond 20 metres for get it i also carry with me bisley pointed premier not many people like thaem but they seem to suit my rifle barrel but im sticking with the air bullets £10.99 for 400 i swear they hit the target much quicker than normal pellets gl m8 let us know what u think :yes::)

best ive used in either caliber are,crossman premier(177 the 7.9 weights)best pellet up to now, and ive fed a few thousand tins of so called other f t pellets none come close, air arms field pellets not bad but splay out after 30 yds,or if its a bit breezy at night, a lot of pellets are loose in the newer guns, crossman acupells, very good but check the pellets there before shooting/ if you after de cock your rifle like me,i dont walk about with the gun cocked and like to cock the gun on spotting my prey,ocasionally the pellet will jump out,so point the barrel down, all the best