Gun cabinets

Lucasnorth

23 minutes ago, Lucasnorth said:

So I think what I will do is take the one out that I have. 
locate the joists and make a frame on the floor and bolt it down,

bolt 2 cabinets together and bolt one to the brick wall and the floor

and the other to the stud wall and to the floor, that should ensure I can fully open the doors above the wardrobe bottom

and have them fully secure👍👍

👍

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Just a note that in my previous house I had my safe suspended but had read reports of car jacks being used to rip them off the wall. I had 6 No. M12 x 200mm bolts and resin anchor to secure it to a 9” high density blockwork wall. This was installed by the main contractor to my template whilst my house was being built, it was very over engineered so it was more likely the floor would collapse in my instance, but it is a risk worth considering. I think having both cabinets cantilevered off the wall fixings in this instance would not be a good idea for strain onto the blockwork/brickwork if only a single skin leaf. Generally having the cabinet fully into a corner fixed on two or three  sides makes it very difficult to break off. A battery powered Stihl saw will go though any cabinet like buttery so in this day and age it is all academic really. 

https://m.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-products-for-every-requirement/Construction-machinery/Cordless-Li-Ion-cut-off-machine/240781-43597/tsa-230-cut-off-machine.aspx

This is the skeleton key that will open any cabinet. Keep your cabinet out of sight! 

Not any cabinet