ferret advice

pegleg31

ive got a hob ferret which i bought 6 months ago at a year old, a bit wild at first but spent a bit of time with him and started to get to handle him without any problems and he would follow me about freely,then about 2 months ago i bought 3 jill kits which are great, intoduced the hob to them and now he wont come anywhere near me and every time i go near him he runs and hides and if i get close enough to pick him up he tries to bite me,if im honest i havent handled him much recently as the jills take to much time as they get everywhere but i get him out every night,at a bit of a loss because ive never had ferrets before and i dont want to give up on him any help would be really apprieciated <_<

he mite be a bit horny,cos my hob is tame as me dog,but when he s in nookie mood ,he tries to mount me arm,and bites me wrist,but not hard enough to really hurt. give him time to settle with jills.but got to keep handling them all.if when winter comes and he s off the jills a bit,and he s still biting,get rid of it <_<

I think coddy's right, it's humping season and we all know what men are like when it's that time, my Hob used to try and get it on with my arm, again not painfully but he would try to softly bite and hold on.

He ain't got no coconuts now as the vet borrowed them permanently, no problem with him now apart from, he's now in touch with his feminine side. <_<

he mite be a bit horny,cos my hob is tame as me dog,but when he s in nookie mood ,he tries to mount me arm,and bites me wrist,but not hard enough to really hurt. give him time to settle with jills.but got to keep handling them all.if when winter comes and he s off the jills a bit,and he s still biting,get rid of it :yes:

:welcomeani: It's a shame Tiercel doesn't post anymore as I am sure he could help :yes:

LB

Just keep trying like you did before and he`ll come around, also have you tried spitting in the palm of your hand and offering it to him to lick ?? this can work well and seems to calm them down and get them used to your smell.

thanx will try having a go but hes got me alittle jumpy now which probably isnt helping