Permission

dustyfox

If I bought my own Clay trap and wanted to shoot some clays would I have to have the same permission as shooting pigeons or would I need a different kinda permission?

Do you know how much it would be to join a local clay pigeon club? I have not got a shotgun or shotgun certificate yet but hoping so in the near future.

Thanks for reading

Dustyfox

If I bought my own Clay trap and wanted to shoot some clays would I have to have the same permission as shooting pigeons or would I need a different kinda permission?

Do you know how much it would be to join a local clay pigeon club? I have not got a shotgun or shotgun certificate yet but hoping so in the near future.

Thanks for reading

Dustyfox

As far as my understanding is, If you are shooting on your own land or on land with permission and observe sensible safety precautions clay shooting can be done.

But be aware,, I believe that the law states that you can only have a clay shoot twice in any one month, any more than that and you have to apply for planning!!

I may be wrong but i have always stuck to this and have never had any problems.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Outlaw

Get your written letter of permission first, then the certificate, safe, trap, insurance, and a session with an experienced shooter/coach. Then get your gun. Also be aware of byelaws and rights of way on the land you are going to use. Tony