pups progess

Just an update on my bull x grey lurcher bitch (lady)

Shes 8 months old now and stands at 23" tts.........It's been hard work bringing on an ESS pup and lurcher pup at the same time for 2 different types of work, but it is starting to pay off.

Lady is coming on well now and has caught quite a few daytime rabbits, and steady introduction to the lamp has seen her tag around half a dozen whilst lamping............................I have been taking her out with the experience dogs and this has brought her on no-end.

She works the lamp better than some 18 month old lurchers I've seen, and I would reccomend that anyone trying to bring a pup on to get them out with experienced dogs...keep them on the lead with a few easy slips towrds the end of the session......

Recall is good, as is, heal, sit, 'low' juming is coming on nicely.............still need more work on retrieving, but this is alway going to be a problem with a dog with alot of greyhound in it.......anyways..things are looking promising..and I feel this pup has a bright future ahead :lol:

ps..for those who are interested or have not seen her before, shes bred Dam = 3/8's bull - 5/8's greyhound Sire = full coursing greyhound

here's a few pictures from an early morning walk a few days back

post-1280-1190815760.jpg

post-1280-1190815776.jpg

post-1280-1190815803.jpg

post-1280-1190815826.jpg

post-1280-1190815760.jpg

post-1280-1190816114.jpg

Well Done Paul.

She looks so dainty :lol:

NTTF

.......and thats why I love my lurchers............only whole they are so biddable and gentle natured, but as soon as they get behind something thats shifting.......a switch is turned, and off they go..

She got abit of knuckle left in her yet, and I'm expecting her to come up another inch to 24" at the shoulder.......a good size dog........with those stats she would have been perfect for coursing Hares and Reds..................pre ban of course :lol: