.22 centerfire for some deer species

dunganick

Well my old man has just had his renewal and he is told by the Firearms officer that when he recieves it back the .22 hornet and .222 will be cleared for the small deer species (cant recall which ones atm)

First case of this that ive heard of going onto someones lisence. However he was told he had to produce evidence of a piece of land where deer were a PEST and he could nto have the condition just incase he needed to cull deer with a .22 centerfire.

It's munjac and CWD and the go live date is 1st October (Monday)

I don't see why they have to be seen as a pest to be shot with a .22 centrefire and not with 'normal' deer rifle :good:

Like everything else, I bet there will be different interpretations of the new law by region, and the postcode lottery will continue

22 Hornet does NOT meet the requirements of the new Act and will remain an illegal cartridge for deer in the U.K.

not on my dads cert :lol:

makes you wonder that, the new condition says it needs to meet 1000 ftlb energy and no less than 50grain projectile which the hornet is not capable of :lol: ah the firearms dept in kent is a joke

22 Hornet does NOT meet the requirements of the new Act and will remain an illegal cartridge for deer in the U.K.

not on my dads cert :lol:

makes you wonder that, the new condition says it needs to meet 1000 ftlb energy and no less than 50grain projectile which the hornet is not capable of :lol: ah the firearms dept in kent is a joke

Ah i see - another force that dosn't quite understand firearms law :lol: