Boxing tonight

chrisjpainter

I watched the card tonight. Lauren Price looks like she could be one to follow. She was good in the Olympics and I think turning pro is only going to make her better. The one that really caught my eye was Richard Riakporhe v Fabio Turchi. I don't know much about Riakporhe - other than he's a Londoner who supports Crystal Palace and is undefeated at cruiserweight. 

Anyone see the fight? I found it...odd...to say the least. Turchi probably nicked the first and looked settled. All of a sudden in the second he crumples to the floor after a body shot. He gets to his feet, but the towel's thrown in by his corner. He's by no means green. Coming into this he had a 20-1 record, but he went down like he'd been shot. Rolling in pain and going all foetal. He then beats the count and only then does the towel get thrown in at which point he goes back to his haunches wincing. The blow in question? A glancing shot across the side of the ribcage, so by no means a clean hit. 

Maybe I'm being cynical, or reading too much into it, but boxing's got a bit of a reputation for odd things happening in it!

Anyone else catch it. Here's the replay of the actual punch.