Socks

mgsontour

Hi all

I have news form the field on the age old quandary of which boots/wellies to buy.

I prefer laced up boots over wellies as the offer better support and more comfortable for walking all day but a couple of weeks ago the land was boggy and deeper than normal after the heavy rains and when walking ( I mean more like wading ) water got between my gaitors and boots and seeped over the bootline. . . thus another problem in life's rich tapestry to solve.

A few years ago when they were released I tried Sealskinz waterproof socks and although 100% waterproof the heat of my feet was unbearable and ended up soaking with sweat so they were binned, however, over the last couple of weeks I'd been informed they have come on leaps and bounds, so thought I'd take another £40 punt since £40 seems more like pocked change these days.

Although there are many variations of their socks these are the ones I went for after spending over 3/4 of an hour on question and answer session in the shop and actually trying on the different models

Waterproof All Weather Mid Length Sock (sealskinz.com)

Anyhow, after 3 full days in the field this week walking beating and picking up in water they have been amazing so thought I'd offer some good news into the fountain of knowledge AKA Pigeonwatch.

Hi, I prefer lace up boots mostly (altberg defenders or haix cold/wet weather boots), but half the places I hunt through require wellies and at certain times waders required in the bog.

I use these -Snowbee Fleece Lined Neoprene Socks - Dark Green | eBay. they don't keep you dry but work more like a wetsuit, what ever water gets in acts as a warm layer. Zero complaints so far in over 18 months.