CanoScan LIDE25

steve_b_wales

I had to refresh some of the settings on my desktop computer, and then had to reinstall the printer and the above scanner. I had the drivers for both. The printer works okay but for some reason the scanner doesn't. While trying to scan an item, a message states 'Unable to open TWAIN sourxe. Check connection and re-scan. I've check the connection and everything is as it should be. I'm using Windows 8:1 and it worked okay before the refresh. I haven't a clue what to do next. 

Any help/suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by steve_b_wales

5 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Just did that and another 'page' opened up with CNQSG and underneath that wiatwain .ds

those two files are for your scanner but the path might not be in the right place.

might be easer if you do a Google search for ….“unable to select twain source canoscan scanner windows 8.1” ….there's plenty of info on the subject.

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

those two files are for your scanner but the path might not be in the right place.

might be easer if you do a Google search for ….“unable to select twain source canoscan scanner windows 8.1” ….there's plenty of info on the subject.

Thanks. I'll do this soon, and also ask my daughter to check it for me as well.

15 minutes ago, old'un said:

ok Steve, I could try to walk you through it but unless you know your way around the file system you may **** something up, thats why I suggested doing a google search, plenty of “how to” on there.

I appreciate your help, and you are right, I would probably make it worse. I'll wait until my daughter can come down and check it for me. :good: