Boiler froststat ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I know when it gets cold the froststat on my boiler kicks in but mine seems to be running for hours.

Is this right as i thought it should run for a short while every now and then. The boiler is switched off while this is happening.

Thanks all.

Are you referring to the one inside the boiler or do you have a remote one? The one in the boiler should only raise the water temperature a few degrees to protect the boiler it will not cover the whole house. A remote/ external frost stat depending on location and setting could cause the heating to be on for quite a while. 

If you have the installation manual it will tell you how much temperature rise the boiler will look for. 

35 minutes ago, B725 said:

Are you referring to the one inside the boiler or do you have a remote one? The one in the boiler should only raise the water temperature a few degrees to protect the boiler it will not cover the whole house. A remote/ external frost stat depending on location and setting could cause the heating to be on for quite a while. 

If you have the installation manual it will tell you how much temperature rise the boiler will look for. 

Yes my one is built into the boiler.  I will try and find the manual.