Fault code reader, any good for anyone?

harrycatcat1

• 3 weeks later...

Already got one a couple of years ago and bought another for one of my lads. They appear to be the same model with different badging.

Never had to use one on my own cars, but used them on many other people's cars. Decent for wiping fault codes / diagnosing problems. They normally give a fault code which needs Googling. They don't narrow down the faults to the same degree as Snap On for example. Considering their price and the cost of going to a garage, it's a no brainer.

In the last three months, I have used them on:-

A McDonalds' employee's Peugeot 208. She mentioned an engine management light whilst we were in McDonalds. Had the code reader in the car and cleared it for her.

Some friend's we see in McDonalds Dacia Sandero. It wouldn't connect to the car's engine management system, but neither would a Snap On version at the local garage. They appear to be programmed to deny access to all but Dacia Main Agents.

A mate's son's Vauxhall Insignia - intercooler hose problem.

My daughter in law's newish V Class Mercedes.

In two cases, I wiped the fault which has not come back. The third identified a problem with the intercooler hose, which I sorted.

Edited by Gordon R