Dies for Redding shotgun reloading press

Graham M

Sorry about the delay. Yesterday the chap who gave me the press tuned up with a box of goodies that he thought "I may be interested in".

No kidding Sherlock  !!!!!

Look what was in that box.

531741625_Reddingdies2.jpg.5f275739af2a7065f1c843d22275b601.jpg

851701342_Reddingdies1.jpg.46721ba32fe5f55b38a5ebfc1ec0dafa.jpg

So thanks for everyone's help and thanks to armsid for the offer of a die, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I no longer need it, but thanks anyway.

10 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Sorry about the delay. Yesterday the chap who gave me the press tuned up with a box of goodies that he thought "I may be interested in".

So thanks for everyone's help and thanks to armsid for the offer of a die, but unfortunately (or fortunately) I no longer need it, but thanks anyway.

Bit of a result,to say the least!!!

• 1 year later...
On 04/01/2023 at 23:49, Graham M said:

Cheers for that. I have been looking around on the net but these things are as rare as rocking-horse poo.

I would love to get this back up and running because it feels so solid (cast iron). I use a Redding  powder measure for my other loading and it is absolutely brilliant.

I have a spare holding die

IMG_1255.jpeg

IMG_1252.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 11/01/2023 at 15:15, Graham M said:

Hi graham, I have just brought a redding reloading machine, exactly the same as yours from a antique fair today but it has no dies with it and I see you had the same problem until they guy come back with the ones you have now, I was just wondering if you had and spare that I could buy from you so I could use my redding loading machine. 

Kind regards 

Richard turner 

Posted (edited)

Sorry Richard but all the dies you see were for the Redding and a couple of other presses. I do have a spare 20g (I think) which I will gladly send you free of charge if it will help you.

It's the one at the rear

Redding dies 2 copy.jpg

If I can sort things out I will see if it's possible to chuck this in the lathe and centre-bore it out to 12g

Edited by Graham M

6 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Sorry Richard but all the dies you see were for the Redding and a couple of other presses. I do have a spare 20g (I think) which I will gladly send you free of charge if it will help you.

It's the one at the rear

Redding dies 2 copy.jpg

If I can sort things out I will see if it's possible to chuck this in the lathe and centre-bore it out to 12g

Hi graham 

That would be great if you could bore it out to 12g for me, I don't mind paying for it, I have the same modle as you have, the redding modle 16. I don't suppose you have and 410 dies. 

Kind regards 

On 03/03/2024 at 22:00, Richardt said:

Hi graham 

That would be great if you could bore it out to 12g for me, I don't mind paying for it, I have the same modle as you have, the redding modle 16. I don't suppose you 

Edited by Richardt

Sorry no. If I did I would probably keep them as 410 is going to be a problem soon enough.

Let me see what I can do, but it will be a while as my good lady is quite disabled and I don't get much free time these days.

2 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Sorry no. If I did I would probably keep them as 410 is going to be a problem soon enough.

Let me see what I can do, but it will be a while as my good lady is quite disabled and I don't get much free time these days.

Ok no problem, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. I have put my email on last post if you want to email me directly. 

King regards 

2 minutes ago, Graham M said:

Richard, I have bored out the die but just need to profile the base so that the cartridge rim fits properly.

1458297933_Redfielddies.jpg.f6c01d22d6dd564f93da3933f3f8ff10.jpg

Redfield dies 2.jpg

That's absolutely brilliant, thank you so much graham, very kind of you to do that. 

Do I need any think else when reloading the 12g cartridges or will that die do all of it. 

You will need all the bits you see on the reloading press. 

Going from the right as you look at it, you need a re-sizing die, a de-priming die, I will send you the die for priming, but you want the die above it with the tool for spreading the case mouth prior to loading powder wads etc and then the shot.

You then move around to the crimp starter and then finally the die for seating everything which is the one at the very far rear with the spring on it.

You really need to find someone who already loads who can guide you through everything because you need to find out what size the powder measure is in the loading bar as well as the shot charge bar.

4 minutes ago, Graham M said:

You will need all the bits you see on the reloading press. 

Going from the right as you look at it, you need a re-sizing die, a de-priming die, I will send you the die for priming, but you want the die above it with the tool for spreading the case mouth prior to loading powder wads etc and then the shot.

You then move around to the crimp starter and then finally the die for seating everything which is the one at the very far rear with the spring on it.

You really need to find someone who already loads who can guide you through everything because you need to find out what size the powder measure is in the loading bar as well as the shot charge bar.

So the press I have is the same one as this in your picture with all the bits on you have described. The cartridge holder you have maid for me, is that all I will need now to start making my own, or is there anything else I need. 

Does the bar have the bushings inside for the powder and the shot. If so you must check that they are correct for 12g  -  1oz shot and for whatever powder you are using.

Do you have any reloading data for the Redding press.??

Do you have the crown??

Redding Crown.jpg

I have finished the die so if you send me your address I will post it off to you.

1 minute ago, Graham M said:

Does the bar have the bushings inside for the powder and the shot. If so you must check that they are correct for 12g  -  1oz shot and for whatever powder you are using.

Do you have any reloading data for the Redding press.??

Do you have the crown??

Redding Crown.jpg

Yes the bar does by the looks of it.  No I don't have any load data and also I don't have the crown.