New to Pigeon Watch.

Greylag80

Hello all,

I haven’t been on here in ages and thought I should introduce myself. I returned to the sport about 3 years ago after a 20 year break. I used to have a shotgun license back then, but I’m sticking to air for now. I’ve built up a few perms in my local area (berks) where I shoot lots of rabbits (usually at night with a Pard008LRF) and I shoot a few GL birds, when I get out in the day with the dog. 

I’ve got an Hw99.22 (Imp MKII), an HW110k.177 and a new (to me) AirMaks Krait.177

Imp.jpg

216777E3-1464-467A-9C59-9C585BF57469.jpeg

Edited by Greylag80

Oh what a lovely pair you have 😆

Welcome to the forum, what sort of ranges do you hit the bunnies at? I took my daughter to a spot where there's some lovely Irish brown hares about purely to see if we could sneak up close before they took off, I don't shoot the hares, my mate who owns the ground wants to help build the numbers up.

22 minutes ago, Greylag80 said:

Hey Rob. 

I’m getting 10p groups at 55yrds with the Krait, so hitting bunnies at anything under 45yrds. 💪

I’ll take bunnies with the Imp out to 40 (it does 10p groups out to 50yrds) 👍

Thats some lovely shooting, I don't do air rifle myself, just haven't got round to getting one, its just a pain as in NI they are held on firearms licence like everything else. Do you use a mini chrono when setting up and pellet testing? Fella I work with is mad into his airguns and has all the gadgets going.

I've managed 1" groups with my remington semi auto 22lr out to about 70ish yards on a calm day. One of my favourites was the cartridge challenge, my mate cut the shot out of 2 12bore cartridges and set them up at 50yards, I hit the primer cap on the 3rd shot...with the iron sights 😎.... I was doing club target rifle stuff at the time.

Would love an airgun for round the mates barns, don't want to zap holes through the sides 😆

Haha! yeah I’ve got the mini chrono 😆

I forked out for a thermal spotter last year too - absolute game changer! 

that’s some good shooting you’re doing there - esp with irons! I’d like to get into FAC but right now only one of perms would be suitable and that would have to be subsonic.

you should def look at getting a gun for barns - my tuned hw99.22 is perfect for that kind of work 💪