my duckboats appear on utube

simcgunner

That's a nice piece of kit. For various reasons, we don't often have a use for big water - big rig - big (relatively) boat set-ups over here unfortunately.

What interests me is that it is an all-metal boat, something which we see a lot on the game warden/reality type programmes from your side. Now I have been poking around on fresh and salt water for most of my life, but I can only remember once being aboard an aluminium vessel which was an ex-forces job around 16 feet with a Honda 50 hp on the back. Everything in the john boat/dory line here is GRP (fibreglass - well fiberglass to you !). I wonder why ?

we see a lot of different types of boats used. both wood and fiberglass as well as aluminum. for deep water ocean use the large wood boats and heavier Fiber glass boats are preferred but the aluminum  John boats are shallow draft and can get into the marsh easier and I find them very versitile for fishing as well as duck hunting.I plan on changing to a surface drive motor that will not use water for cooling when I can find one. there is a shortage of them now the manufactures are having a hard time sourcing parts .

Edited by simcgunner