Benelli Nova Pump

I have a Benelli Nova Pump and was wondering has anyone used one with a recall reducer. It dos'nt kick hard normally, but when using a heavy load it just might be worth my while getting one.

How does it work, it seems like just a lump of plastic that fits inside the butt.

Nice but dim

Chris :lol:

Allright mate, I shoot an Nova 95% of the time, be it clay or real. I have tried the recoiler on a friends gun who wildfowls and frankly, it takes some kick out but I wouldn't bother with it unless you are shooting heavy duty loads.

Only really effective with 3.5 carts.

Hope this helps you.

PS. my 12 y/o son shoots pigeon with mine and doesn't complain.

LB

Hi Red

I could'nt resist that one :yp:

I have only had the gun for about a month, and due to being unable to get any shooting land around Leicester yet I am unable to answer clearly. The gun cycles pretty quick and has never jammed. It is capable of holding 3 x 3 1/2 cartridges, so four normal cartridges fit without a problem. Just to get the hang of it I have been using it for clays which is fine when I remember to pump the damm thing.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Red

Because it has been designed to fire 3 3 1/2 cartridges and only 3, then it fits into the shotgun catagory. But you can put 4 smaller cartridges in. I suppose its a bit of a grey area, but I was sold it with a shotgun licence.

Are you interested in buying one?

Chris

Hi Chris

i shot one with a recoil reducer once ( using gamebore BB's 3" carts) and i could'nt really tell the difference between the two to be honest.

by the way have you managed to find any 3.5" carts for it yet , when you do mate let me know.

since selling the nova , i've bought a beretta 302 semi ( old one), but i sold it with-in a week or so , too much fannying about keeping it clean etc.

I regret selling the Nova and i,m really considering getting another one especially for those canada's, they are brill guns and cheap.

if your thinking about selling it mate , let me know as i may buy it back .

all the best .

Darren .

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply

I hope you and the family enjoyed the Beta Gundog show last week, it was nice that it was'nt too commercial but it lacked a beer tent. One of the only times that I was'nt driving and no beer tent!!!!!!!! :lol: :yp:

As for the 3 1/2 inch cartridges I hav'nt looked yet I will wait just before the goose season to starts then start. Im sure that other members would know of cartridge availablity.

Sorry but the guns not for sale, I'm getting on quite well with it apart form fogetting to PUMP the thing.

Cheers mate

look after yourself

Chris

• 1 month later...