Clay shooting Staffordshire/cheshire

sutty2006

I have been using a 12 gauge for some years but I met an interesting bloke at my local clay shooting club who has a Lee Enfield converted to .410

this immediately got my attention and I had to have one. I love it. Sometimes I get too excited and miss the clays but heck, it’s good fun when you can blast a few clays while the “professionals” with all the “gear” can’t. Makes it so much fun. 

I bought a 1942 ishapore built No3. 

2C8CCF07-287A-4600-B1CC-01B1C6277283.jpeg.c2f0263c8fd45493124f6b604a45d488.jpeg

it was converted in 1948 to .410 shotgun by the Indian army. 

I love it, but I have issues with certain ammunition. Fiocci and lyavale are “hit and miss”. Fiocci doesn’t get a strong enough hit on the precussion cap, and lyavale gets stuck in the breech. I have finally found magnum 3inch from Hull cartridges that fire perfect every time. I should be using 2.5 inch but the 3s work fine. 

10 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I have been using a 12 gauge for some years but I met an interesting bloke at my local clay shooting club who has a Lee Enfield converted to .410

this immediately got my attention and I had to have one. I love it. Sometimes I get too excited and miss the clays but heck, it’s good fun when you can blast a few clays while the “professionals” with all the “gear” can’t. Makes it so much fun. 

I bought a 1942 ishapore built No3. 

2C8CCF07-287A-4600-B1CC-01B1C6277283.jpeg.c2f0263c8fd45493124f6b604a45d488.jpeg

. I should be using 2.5 inch but the 3s work fine. 

If you are putting 3 inch cartridges through a 2.5 inch chamber you are a very silly boy.

25 minutes ago, London Best said:

If you are putting 3 inch cartridges through a 2.5 inch chamber you are a very silly boy.

Thanks. Dually noted. The other guy that uses 3in in his has been using them for years with no issues. It takes them and ejects them better than 2.5. Hopefully I can find magnum 2.5 but suppliers are few and far between round here! 

9 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Thanks. Dually noted. The other guy that uses 3in in his has been using them for years with no issues. It takes them and ejects them better than 2.5. Hopefully I can find magnum 2.5 but suppliers are few and far between round here! 

Try mickley hall they stock 410 cartridges & will be able to order what ever your after most likely 

Collection in person only with proof of shotgun certificate from rfd's.

unless ordering from a company like just cartridges where you send off or photo copy your current cert & they will approve & then send out your cartridge order via a courier you will have to provide proof of shotgun cert to the driver on delivery I would imagine 

6 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Collection in person only with proof of shotgun certificate from rfd's.

unless ordering from a company like just cartridges where you send off or photo copy your current cert & they will approve & then send out your cartridge order via a courier you will have to provide proof of shotgun cert to the driver on delivery I would imagine 

Thanks for that info 👍