shaun4860

Thye are both accurate - its all down to preference, 2 of my mates have the varmint 16" barrels.. one on a CZ and one on an Annie and i've shot them alongside my 20" barrel and I must say I prefer mine, that said the 16" is easier to swing out of a jeep window :good:

im sorry i should have been more specific

im actually after whether the heavier varmint barrel or just normal weight barrel both in 16" is a better prospect regards accuracy?

cheers

:lol:

Thye are both accurate - its all down to preference, 2 of my mates have the varmint 16" barrels.. one on a CZ and one on an Annie and i've shot them alongside my 20" barrel and I must say I prefer mine, that said the 16" is easier to swing out of a jeep window :good:

im sorry i should have been more specific

im actually after whether the heavier varmint barrel or just normal weight barrel both in 16" is a better prospect regards accuracy?

cheers

:lol:

Like I said they are both as accurate as each other..... The barrel weight makes no different as far as I can see.

I think I'm right in saying, the heavy barrel allows you to put more rounds through it before it heats up and effects the accuracy, down side the guns heavier and once hot it takes longer to cool down. If you're doing more target shooting than hunting then go for the 'heavy' don't think there's a difference in accuracy between them.

Im presuming when you say .17 you are talking about the .17hmr not the .17rem if so it would take an awful lot of shots straight after one another to heat the barrel to the point that it would effect accuracy.I had a c.z american hmr i found the heavy barrel of the marlin a more steady platform to shoot so traded the c.z in for it.