Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning - Part 1

discobob

I went and watched this last night - went in my lads car as a passenger (and survived 😁) and was winding him up on the way there doing the theme tune.

I have to say though - the film was awesome... Fantastic sets and action - and the soundtrack was the total star of the show. They used it to control your emotions at key points of the film. You won't get any spoilers from me though.....

Absolutely well done Mr Cruise - I doff my cap to you again - now just give up the scientology:good:

3 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Tom cruise is a pretty decent actor. 

I think that he is a very decent fellow (scientology aside :)) and he honestly loves the fans and loves entertaining people - TBH I would watch paint dry if he was the one who painted the wall 🤣 and indeed he is one of my claims to fame!!

When I bought my mid life crisis Jag 10 years ago (still got it 160k later!!), I picked up some spare alloys (and came with good as new tyres) - from Bridgewater on the M5 - I was working in Bristol at the time. I asked the fellow where they came from and it turned out that he works for a company that provides the cars etc to the film industry - and these were from the "Edge of Tomorrow" - they had numerous sets of spare wheels for the cars and a Jag was used in the escape scene (pre-facelift) and lyras (alloy model) were only on select facelift models. If you pause the film just as they crash into the Exo-Suit you can see that Lyras are on the car...

Talking further with the guy he told me about the landrover from the Bond film (the one where in the making of you see that they actually had a stunt driver sat on the roof of the landrover steering the vehicle while they filmed Bond and Moneypenny in the interior as the went through the streets) that they had sold. 

Well, the company that bought it then advertised it for sale with phrases like "you will be shaken, not stirred" etc... To then have Sony come down on them like an avalanche for trying to profit off their trademark!!!

So, my spare alloys were in the presence of Tom Cruise!!🤣