S&W MP 15-22

steve_b_wales

I have not, but have changed the springs. It's an easy job to remove the trigger and drop in another, especially if it is a one piece contained trigger and hammer. Check to see if the one you are looking at will fit, but I believe any AR 15 trigger will. 

I was thinking about maybe changing mine for this one -

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-RA-140-RAVE-SUPER-SPORTING-TRIGGER-RA-140-Rave-Super-Sporting-Trigger-Drop-In-Curved-RISE-ARMAMENT-100039607

which is recommended by a few people on the smith and wesson forum.

I recommend getting some anti-walk pins as well and replace the pins at the same time.

Both are an easy job.

Just now, Newbie to this said:

I have not, but have changed the springs. It's an easy job to remove the trigger and drop in another, especially if it is a one piece contained trigger and hammer. Check to see if the one you are looking at will fit, but I believe any AR 15 trigger will. 

I was thinking about maybe changing mine for this one -

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-RA-140-RAVE-SUPER-SPORTING-TRIGGER-RA-140-Rave-Super-Sporting-Trigger-Drop-In-Curved-RISE-ARMAMENT-100039607

which is recommended by a few people on the smith and wesson forum.

I recommend getting some anti-walk pins as well and replace the pins at the same time.

Both are an easy job.

You are correct, and there are a few available that fit both the AR15 and S&W MP 15-22. A bit expensive though. I was looking at one sold by Rimfiremagic. It's, as you mentioned, a one piece unit. I'll take a look at some Youtube video's and see what's what. I'm not sure of the trigger pull on the rifle, I'll check it later.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...