.223 Bullet Heads

RyanMc

Hi PW fans....

Does anyone have a few different bullets heads around, looking to get a small sample of a few different types/weights to try a few loads out before I commit to buying 100/500 of a certain type.

Looking anything in the region of 53-70gn heads with softpoint or ballistic polymer tip. x10 of each perhaps.

Payment via PayPal inc postage waiting. Based in NI.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Rim Fire,

1-9 twist. I've tried PPU 69gn and it didn't like them, but It was more the ammo than the bullet weight, over pressure, blown primer etc. fired a few and started to notice  stopped at the blown primer.

Finding it hard to find any factory ammo or components (that aren't in larger qtys at least) locally in varied weights to try out.

4 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

what powder you using i am using CFE 223 getting some good results also tried VIT N133 got great results with that cloverleaf results  i managed to get 2KG tubs of it 

Using N133 - seemed to be the good middle ground for a varied weight range and it was available in 1kg tubs locally (£125). Have 100 Sierra 55gn blitzking heads to try, working up in very small increments from the starting load to see what works. 

I've done a batch of x25 in x5 round batches from 1.39gram (21.45gn) - 1.43gram (22.07gn). Max load listed is 1.62gram (25gn). Want to test that range in small increments then once something stands out, work on the neck tension and seating depth.

2 hours ago, RyanMc said:

I've done a batch of x25 in x5 round batches from 1.39gram (21.45gn) - 1.43gram (22.07gn). Max load listed is 1.62gram (25gn). Want to test that range in small increments then once something stands out, work on the neck tension and seating depth.

👍 Are you target or vermin

• 3 weeks later...

I got sorted locally after some further digging around RFD's. Just hard to find what you want!

Got a few loads made up and shot at 50yards, as wasn't sure how well they would group wanted everything on target. largest group 3/4", smallest group 1/4" at 50yrds. % shot groups. 1.62gram of N133 and 55gn heads don't work... blown primer, and signs of over pressure. slight sign at 1.60gram powder but no hard bolt lift etc.