hi or low

col s10

right guys new rifle ,got the scope,what size mounts.is there a standard i should be sticking to

what make of rilfe is it? and if it is somthing like a s410 with a mag and a floating barrel id go with the hi mounts personally

LM

daystate X2R LEUPOLD 3 9 50

definant hi mounts mate, to finish it off get the bkl hi reach mounts at £80 :good:

definant hi mounts mate, to finish it off get the bkl hi reach mounts at £80 :good:

if you can find them in the UK, I get mine directly from BKLTECH and send to a relative in the US who brings them over with them, might have to wait several months sometimes.

Does anyone know where I can get then from in the UK.....I did email Daystate, the importers but alas they have not replied.

The idea is to get the lowest mounts you can, with the objective lens clearing the receiver, breach or any other metalwork.

That way you get the most latitude in terms still being "on target" for a distance both before & beyond your zero.

For example, I have an underlever with a 4 x 40 where the objective only has 2mm of clearance over the receiver :good:

Generally you would expect an objective lens of 44mm or more to require high mounts for a scope mounting directly on to the receiver.

However, if your gun has a scope rail which sets the mounts a tad higher to start with, you may get away with medium mounts at 44mm objective.

50mm objective, you probably need high mounts

Generally you would expect an objective lens of 44mm or more to require high mounts for a scope mounting directly on to the receiver.

However, if your gun has a scope rail which sets the mounts a tad higher to start with, you may get away with medium mounts at 44mm objective.

50mm objective, you probably need high mounts

depends on whether or not it has a paralax ring or not, they add a bit on,

"cols10">

if i were you, take your gun to a dealer and get it sorted :welcomeani:

If it were me in your position i would of had the scope on, zeroed and rabbits in the freezer within a day. i dont know what your messing at to be honest :friends:

to prevent making a new thread on the same subject I'm interested in a nikko night eater x56 thats for sale on here, at the moment I have a rat catcher :lol: so no doubt it will look ridiculous, but I'm buying it for when I get a new pcp :good: I presume i need high mounts?, will x56 be really to bit and I should order a x44 or something off the net?

thanks