Benelli semi auto

Roughshot

Hi

I have a Beneli M1 Sem Auto that I use for rough shooting and it is very good.It re cycles well with most loads but I usually use 32 gms.Easy to strip down for cleaning and all in all I find it very good

Hogey

Winchester has an M1 too, super black eagle, great looking gun and very effective ???

i have used a benelli once but i ll stick to gas.i have seen no less than 3 guys in gunshops returning benellis as they would nt cycle any less than 32gr shells.i went to a clay shoot this year and won due to a benelli jamming.we were neck and neck until it jammed .it put the bloke right off.just 20 mins earlier he was bragging about the benelli and how he would nt be bothered with a dirty gas auto.you should have seen his face.as i say these are only my opinions of the benelli.i know they have a big following and demand a lot of money.im happy with both my autos.and my bag numbers prove they are well up to the task.good luck

I've been shooting a Monte for 2 years. It never fails, it never jams and it kills stuff ! I am going to sell my silver pigeon III as I never use it since I bought the Benelli.

The gun handles beautifully and is light and well balanced. 6.9/7.0lb It is designed primarily for 'Upland' shooting, which is pretty much walked up game over here.

It is versatile though and I use it for everything from rabbits to ducks, pigeons etc. It comes supplied with shims to adjust the stock dimensions to customise fit.

The Legacy is also an 'upland gun' and is lightly sprung.Both have a 3" chamber and should reliably cycle down to 1 oz(not low recoil loads). Both guns can be stripped down to component parts in less than 2 mins and are very easily to clean. Far quicker to clean than a gas op gun.

Both guns will generally go longer between cleanings than a gas op auto. My Monte has nearly 1000 rounds through it since it was last cleaned.

Both guns are slimmer and less chunky than a gas op gun as there is nothing under the forearm other than the mag tube.

Both guns are extremely reliable and there are few component parts to go wrong.

The SBE/SBEII is primarily designed as a wild fowling piece and has a 3 1/2" chamber. It is not designed to shoot lighter than 1 1/8oz although a lot will do straight out of the box. For those that dont like light loads, the 'sure cycle' spring can be fitted.

The SBE has a 2 piece reciever and is even quicker to clean.

All the Benellis (and most other semi autos) function at their best after a break in period of a few boxes of heavier cartridges.

Benellis are reputed to be one of the most reliable guns in the world.

I wouldn't part with my Monte !!