BSA METEOR HELP

bsa

hi i recently bought a bsa meteor air rifle for 15 pounds in a bad condition. when firing the air rifle the piston is jammed stiff it just about pushes forward in the compression tube.

i have dissembled the meteor and where the piston head is located their is a black o ring and another leather ring which has crumbled i have replaced this with a leather taken from a shoe i just cut out a round circle leather seal and replaced with this however i still have the same symptoms. does anyone know how a leather seal looks images will be helpfull.

hi i recently bought a bsa meteor air rifle for 15 pounds in a bad condition. when firing the air rifle the piston is jammed stiff it just about pushes forward in the compression tube.

i have dissembled the meteor and where the piston head is located their is a black o ring and another leather ring which has crumbled i have replaced this with a leather taken from a shoe i just cut out a round circle leather seal and replaced with this however i still have the same symptoms. does anyone know how a leather seal looks images will be helpfull.

if i remember correctly the leather seal was cup shaped. the insruction manual above is for the mk6 i would imagine you have the mk1 or mk2. assembly would be about the same though, not sure were you will get a leather piston from though if you were to buy one. also try Manchester air guns.

Best place to get your spares is at the airgun spares link. The guy sure knows BSA rifles having been a BSA gunsmith for many years previous. Anyway, did my old meteor up a while back, you'll find the topic on here if you search for it. The leather piston washer is indeed cup shaped. You'll be best to get a new piston washer and shock ring, etc and also a Breach Seal. Don't forget to soak the washer in vegetable oil before installing it. I'd also suggest getting a new spring, especially if you found the old fairly easy to remove. Be very careful fitting a new spring!

does any one know a air gun shop in rochdale where i can purchase these parts for my bsa meteor or i have to sell it as the parts look quite rare to get. I only need new piston washer leather or synthetic and new spring and new trigger spring old one broke.

I restored my BSA Meteor Mk4 a little over 12 months ago.

My dad (God rest him) bought it for me in 1974 for £14 quid (new) as a first gun & I will never part with it.

You will get all the parts at airgunspares (which is the website for J Knibbs who are just north of Birmingham) & mentioned by an earlier poster

Don't be put off by the website, (which is totally pants & just an advert for the Titan XS mainspring)

If you're in doubt as to the year or model, they'll be able to tell you from the serial number on the gun.

Just phone 'em up at the number on the website & tell 'em what bits you need they'll give you a price

You might end up paying £30 quid for the parts you listed